Scroll Top

Attack on Titan Editor Arrested on Murder Charges


Attack on TitanOn Tuesday, January 10th 2017, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police took the former editor of Attack on Titan in to custody.  The charges? Murder of his thirty-eight year old wife.

The charges allege that Jung-hyun is responsible for the death of his wife after an incident which occurred in their home in August of last year.  Initially, Park stated to officers of the Komagome Police Station that his wife had fallen down the stairs, but then changed his story to be that she hung herself from the staircase railing in an act of suicide.

The subsequent autopsy confirmed that she had died due to suffocation however further investigation did not find evidence to support Jung-Hyun’s claim that she committed suicide.

Attack on Titan

In the middle of 2016, Park moved to a new position with the weekly manga read Weekly Morning. Park Jung-hyun was previously the editor-in-chief of Kodansha Publishing‘s extremely popular “Attack on Titan” manga series.  He helmed the book starting in 2009 when the title launched in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine.  Since that time, there have been a total of twenty one volumes of Attack on Titan that have – altogether – shipped over sixty million copies worldwide. There have also been cross-platform stories such as novels “Attack on Titan: Before the Fall”, the anime series of the same name which was released in the United States via Funimation and Crunchyroll. There have also been four video game adaptations such as “Attack on Titan”, “Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains”, “Attack on Titan: howl Toward Freedom and the Playstation game “Attack on Titan” that was released in February on 2016.

Attack on TitanAttack on Titan follows the humans that live in walled cities meant to keep out massive humanoid monsters that seek to eat the humans living within the walled cities.

At this time, Kodansha Comics has decline to comment and further details surrounding the case are unavailable.

Related Posts

Comments (1)


Comments are closed.