Another great week to be a Bat fan… Check out this week’s Gotham review if you haven’t done so yet, and then remember that there’s a reason DC is putting the Batman in almost every single monthly title they release. Here’s a run-down of this week’s books and the events within.
My reviews for this week’s Bat books:
Batman Eternal #27 – 4/5
Worlds Finest #27 – 3/5
New Suicide Squad #3 – 3/5
Earth-2 #27 – 3/5
Earth-2: World’s End #1 – 3/5
The New 52: Futures End #23 – 3/5
Batgirl #35 – 3/5
Batman #35 – 5/5
My pick of the week: BATMAN #35!
Spoilers featured in this week’s Bat books:
* The Justice League is trying to kill Batman!
* The Joker is back!
* Batgirl has a new (and totally different) creative team!
* Worlds Finest isn’t boring anymore (and is about Earth-2 Batman and Superman now)!
* Batman and the Joker share a body in the future!
* Alfred survives the events in Batman Eternal apparently!
* Killer Croc and Leslie Thompkins are both protecting Gotham’s forgotten!
* Harley Quinn and the Joker’s Daughter are fighting… constantly!
* Earth-2 and Earth-1 go to war in the future (and we’re starting to see why)!
So there you have it. This week’s books, though mostly filler, had quite a few important revelations. What did you all think of the “new” titles, directions, and twists this week? Let me know in the comments section below. I’m not entirely on board with the new direction that they’re taking Barbara Gordon, but I’m sure it will grow on me as time goes on. And as for Mr. J being back? “Endgame” by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo (with backup art by the legendary Batman artist Kelley Jones) is sure to be a hit. I can’t wait to see what happens next week in the world of Batman! See you back here for a brand new installment of everyone’s favorite Bat-centric column: Baturday!