Welcome back, Bat-fans! It’s the best day of the week (other than new comic Wednesday, of course) at last! Happy Baturday! Due to the popularity of last week’s Back to School Special edition of Baturday, I’m going to keep that format for the time being. It gives a glimpse of the books that came out and leaves room for you all to go out and read other goodies that don’t involve Batman (whatever world that is). So enough of me rambling. Let’s get down to it!
My ratings of Batman-related releases this week:
Batwing: Futures End #1 – 3/5
The New 52: Futures End #18 – 3/5
Batman ’66 Meets the Green Hornet #4 – 5/5
Detective Comics: Futures End #1 – 3/5
Grayson: Futures End #1 – 4/5
Justice League #33 – 5/5
Batman Eternal #22 – 5/5
My pick of the week: BATMAN ETERNAL #22!
Spoilers and revelations this week in Bat-land:
* the future is pretty bleak, even five years from now
* all of the Futures End one-shot covers are awesome
* Batwing had a bit of a letdown lackluster ending
* Lex Luthor is now officially on the Justice League
* the Doom Patrol deserves their own series
* Power Ring is safe and sound (thanks to Batman)
* the Architect is back and better (or worse) than ever
* Alfred’s daughter now knows Bruce Wayne’s secret
* Lex Luthor still knows Bruce Wayne’s secret
* Hush really truly might be the “big bad” for Batman Eternal
So there you have it. Shocked? Appalled? Need more Batman? Let me know what you thought of this week’s selection in the comments section below. See you next Baturday!