What a week! So many Bat books that it’s easy to overlook a little bit of mediocrity here and there, just to keep up with all things Batman. Take that for what it’s worth, knowing that I’ve collected and read DC (and Batman specifically) comics for a pretty consistent portion of the last 20+ years. Every now and then the week is just a filler week. And, well, I’ll quit wasting your time and let you get to reading!
My ratings of Batman-related releases this week:
Batman and Robin: Futures End #1 – 3/5
Batwoman: Futures End #1 – 5/5
Batman Eternal # 24 – 4/5
Teen Titans: Futures End # 1 – 3/5
Red Hood and the Outlaws: Futures End #1 – 3/5
Batman/Superman: Futures End #1 – 3/5
Multiversity: Secret Society of Super-Heroes #1 – 5/5
The New 52: Futures End #20 – 3/5
Justice League: Futures End #1 – 3/5
My pick of the week: BATWOMAN: FUTURES END #1!
Spoilers and revelations this week in Bat-land:
* Futures End week three was pretty much a bust
* Batwoman is a vampire in the future
* Alice is a hero (as are Etrigan and Clayface) in the future
* Alice kills her sister in battle 🙁
* the Golden Age of the Multiversity is awesome
* Doctor Fate is a bad ass
* Pretty much everyone is a clone in the future apparently
* the little kid from Zero Year grows up to be a Robin
* Batman’s back gets permanently broken in the future
* Superman pretty much sucks in the future
* Batman takes over Superman’s global protector role in the future
* Jason Todd marries (and divorces) Starfire in the future
* Hush (or possibly another “Big Bad”) confers with the Cluemaster
* the Spoiler gets her father arrested
Well there you have it. Don’t think too hard on this large but overly filler week (excluding the Batwoman: Futures End one-shot and the newest installment of Multiversity, which, granted, isn’t technically a Batman book, that is). Oh, yeah. And hey… Guess what? Gotham premieres on Monday! See you there (and back here) next Baturday!
Comments are closed.