Comic Deep Dive: Recaps and Updates
Hey, everyone! Welcome back to Comic Deep Dive, my newest and most fun column here at Comic Booked. I’m going to be taking the column to a monthly format starting in August, so I’d like to take a moment to do three things before we make the official change:
- Thank you for reading and joining the conversation on social media over the last couple of months.
- Recap and revisit the previous comic deep dives so far.
- Preview and hint at the comic deep dives in the pipeline.
So far, I’ve really enjoyed an excuse to read (or re-read) some comics that I may have missed the first time around (or possibly not been alive and/or collecting at the time). Here are the deep dives you may have missed:
- Alan Moore’s America’s Best Comics
- DC’s Milestone Media
- Marvel’s New Universe
- Marvel’s Marvel 2099
- DC’s Impact/Red Circle
- Marvel’s Marvel UK
- Malibu’s Ultraverse
- CrossGen’s Sigilverse
And here are a few comic deep dives coming to a screen near you over the next few months:
- Marvel’s MC2
- DC’s New 52 (The Not-So New 52: A Five-Part Retrospective)
- Rob Liefeld’s Extreme/Maximum/Awesome
- Just Imagine Stan Lee Creating the DC Universe
- Ultimate Marvel
- … and many, many more!
So there it is. A thank you, a recap, and a preview. Thanks for taking the time to read the column, the update, and show your support. But while you wait for the next installment, I want to ask you for a quick favor: visit your local comic shop and buy some back issues. Back issues are the only guaranteed “100% profit” for your LCS because it’s something they don’t have to order for you. Whether you’re picking up a comic you’ve never read before, getting a gift for someone who reads/collects, or just doing your part and filling in some gaps in your collection, trust me… they’ll appreciate your business. See you next month for a brand new Comic Deep Dive!