Welcome to this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! A new year calls for new rules, so check out the new way we’re going about the debates here and here. And after you’ve done that, take a quick gander at the list below.
Ever think that a book is particularly well-written, but doesn’t quite get noticed? I feel like this happens quite a bit in this industry, so that’s why I’m going to spend a little time talking about my favorite current writers. Not my favorites of all time, mind you, but the ones who are actively putting out books that I enjoy on a regular basis.
This week’s top ten, in no particular order: Best current writers.
1. Peter J. Tomasi (Batman and Robin, Forever Evil: Arkham War)
2. Greg Rucka (Lazarus)
3. Ed Brubaker (Fatale, Velvet)
4. Matt Kindt (Suicide Squad, Justice League of America, Mind MGMT)
5. Geoff Johns (Justice League, Forever Evil)
6. Charles Soule (Superman/Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Thunderbolts)
7. J. M. DeMatteis (Justice League Dark, The Phantom Stranger, Justice League 3000)
8. Kyle Higgins (Nightwing, Batman Beyond)
9. Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead, Invincible)
10. Scott Snyder (Batman, American Vampire, Superman Unchained, The Wake)
So there you have it. Those are my current favorites. Take the time to formulate your own list and we’ll see you Saturday for a little stirring of the pot. Get your thinking caps on and prepare for battle!