The third annual summit hosted by Valiant Entertainment has concluded and, as promised, Valiant has dropped some massive news regarding their universe and upcoming projects. The summit itself was broadcast as a live stream via Twitch’s Hyper RPG Studio based out of Los Angeles, California.
Some interesting news came about from the summit such as the return of Quantum and Woody, details surrounding Harbinger Wars 2 (Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite will be the creative team for Harbinger Wars issue #0), Shadowman will be returning to the forefront of the Valiant Universe on March 28th of next year. We also heard more details about Rai and Faith and the Future Force.
VALIANT ENTERTAINMENT PRESS RELEASE:
As revealed today during the #ValiantSummit 2017 event live from Twitch TV’s Hyper RPG studios in Los Angeles, Valiant Entertainment is proud to announce “ICONS” – an all-new wave of ongoing series, prestige format projects and standalone events spanning the Valiant Universe’s greatest heroes and top talents! Out of the record-setting success of X-O MANOWAR (2017) #1 – the year’s best-selling series debut from any independent publisher – “ICONS” will continue throughout 2017 with one major new series launch each month, featuring the publisher’s most enduring heroes:
- X-O MANOWAR (2017) #1 by Matt Kindt & Tomas Giorello in March
- BRITANNIA: WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE #1 by Peter Milligan & Juan Jose Ryp in April
- RAPTURE #1 by Matt Kindt & CAFU in May
- SECRET WEAPONS #1 by Eric Heisserer & Raul Allen with Patricia Martin in June
- FAITH AND THE FUTURE FORCE #1 by Jody Houser, Stephen Segovia, Barry Kitson & Special Guests in July
- [CLASSIFIED] #1 by [TOP SECRET] and [TOP SECRET] in August
- BLOODSHOT SALVATION #1 by Jeff Lemire, Lewis LaRosa & Mico Suayan in September
- ETERNITY #1 by Matt Kindt & Trevor Hairsine in October
- NINJA-K #1 by Christos Gage & Tomas Giorello in November
- QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #1 by Daniel Kibblesmith & Kano in December
“X-O MANOWAR wasn’t just the launch of a new series, it was a statement of purpose,” said Valiant CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. “Even before the first issue hit stands, the success of that series has emboldened Valiant and its creators to redouble our efforts and create what might just be our most high-profile roster of titles to date. Over the course of the coming year, Valiant has dedicated itself to bringing the same level of creative vision, formidable storytelling and intensive quality to each of its most important new series and most beloved characters – a process that began with X-O MANOWAR and will soon extend outward into FAITH AND THE FUTURE FORCE, BLOODSHOT SALVATION, NINJA-K, QUANTUM AND WOODY! and some of our most exciting titles yet.”
“Valiant is fortunate to have a team of some of the most dedicated and talented creators anywhere in the industry manning the frontline of our universe, and, together, Valiant’s ‘ICONS’ have a very bright future indeed,” said Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons. “From FAITH AND THE FUTURE FORCE to BLOODSHOT SALVATION to NINJA-K to QUANTUM AND WOODY!, you’re about to see our biggest and most-demanded characters step into their most memorable adventures yet.”