NYCC is just under a month away, and it looks like they are going to have plenty of great TV stuff in addition to comic book goodness. Warner Bros. announced Monday that they will be holding panels featuring cast and crew from several of their shows, including the three highly anticipated new series Forever, Gotham, and Constantine. They will even be showing the full pilot episode of Constantine during Preview Night (Thursday, October 9), over a month before the show premieres on NBC. Preview Night will also feature a screening of the season two premier episode of The 100. The full press release, with panel schedule follows.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION BRINGS THE WORLDS OF GOTHAM,
CONSTANTINE, THE FOLLOWING, FOREVER AND PERSON OF INTEREST
TO NEW YORK COMIC CON OCTOBER 9-12
Plus Pilot Screening of Anticipated Series Constantine and
Season Two Premiere Episode of The 100
Twitter Pitch: Cast/prods of @NBCConstantine @Gotham @PersonInterest @TheFollowingFOX @ForeverABC appear @NY_Comic_Con: http://bit.ly/1umN6LR #WBNYCC
BURBANK, Calif. (September 12, 2014) — Warner Bros. Television makes another exciting return to New York Comic Con (NYCC) with three new eagerly anticipated series, including Gotham (Mondays, 8/7c on FOX), Forever (Tuesdays, 10/9c on ABC), and Constantine (Fridays 10/9c, on NBC), in addition to returning hits The Following (Midseason on FOX) and Person of Interest (Tuesdays, 10/9c on CBS).
Confirmed to attend New York Comic Con 2014 for panel sessions with fans include Constantine stars Matt Ryan and Angélica Celaya, along with executive producer David S. Goyer; Gotham stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards; Forever stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Garza, along with executive producer Matt Miller; TheFollowing’s Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore and executive producer Marcos Siega; Person of Interest’s Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker and Kevin Chapman, along with executive producer Greg Plageman.
For the second year at NYCC, Warner Bros. Television will host preview night screenings in the Main Stage on Thursday, October 9. Fans will not only view the complete pilot episode of the hotly anticipated series Constantine (series premiere Friday, October 24, 10/9c on NBC), but also the season two premiere episode of The 100 (season two premiere Wednesday, October 22 9/8c on The CW) will be screened.
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION SCREENINGS
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9 • MAIN STAGE • 8:30 p.m.
- John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Following the aftermath of a tragic incident, Constantine has voluntarily checked himself into an asylum and sworn off investigating matters of the supernatural. But with dark forces gathering power in the world, he reluctantly resumes his old life — allying himself with Manny, a rogue warrior angel; Zed, a psychic with a dark past; and Chas, Constantine’s giant childhood protector — and only friend who’s managed to stay alive Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment,Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. The series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angélica Celaya (Dallas), Charles Halford (True Detective) and Harold Perrineau (Lost) and and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (Dexter), David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, The Dark Knight trilogy) and Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC, premiering October 24th.
- Season one of The 100 saw the human race return, after a 97-year exile in space, to a wildly transformed Earth…only to discover that the human race had never truly left. Clarke found herself forced to lead a band of disposable juvenile delinquents as they faced death at every turn: from a world transformed by radiation, from the fierce Grounders who somehow managed to survive in it, and, perhaps worst of all, from themselves. Meanwhile, as The 100 fought for their lives on the ground, The Ark’s situation was no better. Both on the ground and in space, the final episodes revealed the true desperation of their plight, as our heroes risked everything just to stay alive. Noble sacrifices and heartbreaking choices changed everyone forever, and left them scattered to the wind at season’s end. The epic second season picks up with the group still scattered and desperate to be reunited. As members of The 100 and new arrivals from the Ark stake out their place in a dangerous and beautiful new world, they are confronted with the physical peril and moral dilemmas that come with reforging society. What kind of life will they build? And what will it cost them? This season’s quest will challenge them more than anything that’s come before. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Heroes will be born. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The 100 returnsWednesday, October 22 at 9/8c on The CW.
WBTV PANEL SESSIONS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11
- 7:00–9:00 PM (Empire Stage) Constantine John Constantine is a man waging war against the forces of darkness — from both within himself and the outside world. An irreverent, working-class con man and occult expert, he’s an experienced exorcist and demonologist with an extensive list of supernatural contacts, each with their own paranormal talents and abilities. Based upon characters published by DC Entertainment, Constantine reflects the lore of the fan-favorite comic, combining noirish storytelling with the evolving mythology of John Constantine, a morally challenged character who doesn’t come down on the side of either good or evil … but ultimately might be the only thing defending us against the dark forces from beyond. Attendees will see a screening of the complete pilot, followed by a Q&A with series stars Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior), Angelica Celaya (Dallas) and executive producer David S. Goyer (The Dark Knight trilogy). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television, Constantine will air Fridays at 10/9c on NBC this fall, premiering October 24th. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Constantine and follow the show on Twitter at @NBCConstantine.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 12
- 11:00–12:00 PM (Empire Stage) The Following (Midseason on FOX): Hit thriller The Following returns to New York Comic-Con for its third year in a row. Join executive producer Marcos Siega along with series stars Kevin Bacon and Shawn Ashmore for an onstage Q&A and special video presentation. With Joe Carroll once again behind bars, Lily Gray shot in cold blood by Mike Weston, and Luke dead at the hands of Max Hardy, Ryan Hardy’s conviction to forge a new life will be put to the test in the psychologically intense third season, when a new threat emerges from the shadows, proving to be even more insidious and dangerous than his former archenemy, Joe Carroll. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Outerbanks Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television, The Following’s third season premieres midseason on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheFollowing and follow the show on Twitter at @TheFollowingFOX.
- 1:15–2:15 PM (Main Stage) Gotham (series premiere Monday, September 22 8/7c on FOX): Before there was Batman, there was Gotham. The origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, Gotham will follow Det. James Gordon’s rise through the Gotham City police department. Everyone knows the name. But what is known of Gordon’s rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? Discover the never-before-told story of how Gordon navigated the layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world’s most iconic villains — the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker. Join series stars Ben McKenzie, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor and Erin Richards, along with executive producers for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs Mondays at 8/7c on FOX. Become a fan on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFox, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.
- 3:15–4:15 PM (Empire Stage) Forever (two night premiere event, Monday, September 22 10/9c and Tuesday, September 23 10/9c on ABC): What would you do if you had all the time in the world? This new otherworldly drama follows Dr. Henry Morgan, a star New York City medical examiner, on his journey to answer that looming question. Henry, who hasn’t aged since the clock stopped 200 years ago, has a bit of a vested interest in studying the dead: He is immortal, and only his best friend and confidant, Abe knows Henry’s secret. Join series stars Ioan Gruffudd and Alana De La Garza, along with executive producer Matt Miller for a special video presentation and Q&A discussion. From Warner Bros. Television in association with Lin Pictures, Forever airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ForeverOnABC and follow the show on Twitter at @ForeverABC
- 4:30–5:30 PM (Empire Stage) Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c on CBS): The smash hit returns to New York for the fourth year! Join series stars Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson, Amy Acker andKevin Chapman, along with executive producer Greg Plageman for a special video presentation and Q&A – as the science “fiction” stays one step ahead of real-world events. The second machine – Samaritan – now online, has made the elusive team targets themselves, having to hide in plain sight. The only thing more frightening than the ruthless Decima organization calling the shots, is leaving those decisions up to an untested Machine. Facing a dangerous tomorrow, the POI team must find a way to outsmart Samaritan, an all-seeing, all-powerful artificial intelligence that’s self-governing, continually evolving and growing stronger every day. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Person of Interest airs Tuesdays, 10/9c on CBS. Become a fan on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/PersonofInterestCBS and follow the show on Twitter at @PersonInterest
- PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change.
count me in for gotham, constantine, and the following for sure!
I need to finish season 1 of the Following. I’m real excited about seeing the pilot for Constantine at NYCC though.
Comments are closed.